HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR LULU BUG JEWELRY
Your Lulu Bug Jewelry will last for generations, but as with everything, it needs to have proper care. You won't need to do anything unusual though, likely you know these things already, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
- My silver pieces are made from .999 fine silver, which is pure silver, or .925 sterling silver, which is an alloy of silver and copper; chains, ear wires, and other findings are sterling silver unless noted otherwise. For more information on this, please see my FAQ page.
- Silver tarnishes naturally. It’s affected by the environment it’s worn in and the wearer’s body chemistry, so it will react differently for everyone. If your piece does tarnish, use a jeweler’s polishing cloth to remove it.
- If your jewelry has large areas of oxidation in the design (the black stuff) avoid polishing those areas as the cloth may remove the oxidation.
- I recommend avoiding liquid cleaners as they remove the oxidation you want as well as the tarnish.
- Bathing with silver jewelry on is usually ok, but it can react and darken depending on the water and your body chemistry.
- You should avoid wearing your Lulu Bug Jewelry while swimming and in hot tubs due to the chlorine which can be very damaging to the finish.
- If you piece has a concrete inlay, it has been sealed but should be considered water resistant, not waterproof. The concrete is very sturdy, but it’s best if you don’t shower or sleep with it on.
- For jewelry includes stones, Fordite, glass eyes, polish bowling ball pieces or 8 ball pieces: please see individual listings for special care instructions.
- If you occasionally forget to take it off your Lulu Bug Jewelry, don't worry. Just be aware and remove it next time and polish it as needed.
- I'll happily freshen up your jewelry's finish at no cost, just ship it to me. Please make arrangements prior to shipping though, just in case I am away.
Sign up to our mailing list
© Copyright 2023, Lulu Bug Jewelry.